Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

and then it got a little crazy

With my mug rug completed, I was super inspired to do something bigger. I guess it's a good thing that I had no concept of how much fabric 'two big handfuls' actually is. LOL! I had almost enough to put together the Fenced In pattern in a large lap size! So, I added another print and a solid and got busy.

It took a couple of days to get all the strips cut out... especially since the unborn one makes it difficult to sit down for an extended period of time, however I got it all cut. Then I laid it all out on the living room table, rearranged, was happy, oops... switch out some more, and then left it out overnight so I could look at it in the morning.

After some breakfast and coffee, I was still satisfied with the layout and started the fun part... sewing. It's amazing how much you can get done in one day! Especially when the munchkin is spending time with the grandparents.  ;-)

This is how it looked when I decided to stop for the night.  The top is all sewed together!  :-)

I still need to add a border. And I have some fabric coming in the mail tomorrow that I plan on using for the back. In the meantime, I need batting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment