Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

living room re-do

The transformation is complete!

I would show you a dramatic 'before' photo of the living room, but apparently I didn't even like it enough to take any photos. :-O However, feel free to check out the previous blog post with the old rug and curtains.

I made slipcovers for the pillows in bright turquoise, floral and striped fabric. You can never have too many pillows! Craigslist came through with the purchase of a new-to-me neutral 8' x 10' frieze area rug. That alone really pulled the room together.

Next was locating the perfect curtain fabric. Once again Golden D'or rocks my world! I found this awesome neutral striped fabric and whipped up the new curtains in a couple of days.

Now I really like my living room! <3

But to love it, I'm thinking that lamp needs a new shade and to be painted turquoise. ;-)

1 comments:

Jacki said...

wow, AWESOME!! it looks great!

Post a Comment