Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

shorts for the kids

With summer upon us, I thought it would be a good idea to whip up a few pairs of shorts for each of the kids.

I easily found a pattern for the unborn one. It's Made By Rae's Basic Newborn Pants. OK, not really shorts, but will cover the tiny hiney.

The wild child gets a variation of Made's Kid Pants with Flat Front. Once again, not shorts, but easily converted into shorts.

The oldest took more of a search. I couldn't find anything in commercial patterns I liked, but after some online searching, found this PDF pattern on etsy.

I decided to make these first. I like the pockets and overall style, however, they were way too short for my liking, so I added 5" to the length. The photo is the 'muslin'. I like them. She likes them. All is well. The next pair will be khaki twill.

0 comments:

Post a Comment